Q & A
Refund policy updated April, 2020 - see items 6 & 8.
- Who can I bring with me? We welcome any adults 21 and older to register to accompany you on your trips.
- What do I need to bring? Please always have your identification with you. Any applicable health insurance card or medical information should also be carried with you. You may slip this information into the name badge holder you will be given to wear, if you prefer to not carry anything.
- How is seating on the bus arranged? Persons who have physical need to sit near front of bus need to let us know in advance, providing reason for this need. Otherwise, you will choose your seat upon embarking the bus. For overnight trips, we change seating daily to allow everyone an opportunity to sit in a different part of the bus. If you like sitting toward the back of the bus, you can claim your same seat for the entire trip.
- What if I have physical limitations? Can I still come? As long as your limitations do not hinder the group as a whole, you are welcome to come. Our concern would be your ability to get around and enjoy your day, as we are not able to personally escort anyone throughout the trip. If you bring someone along with you, such as a family member or caregiver, that is the best way for you to come and enjoy your time. Walkers, canes, wheelchairs are able to be safely stowed below the bus. However, our trips are generally designed for active senior adults. Keep this in mind for the particular trip you are considering. If you need extra time getting off the bus, we may ask you to remain on the bus until others have disembarked.
- How do deadlines work? Basically, the sooner you sign up, the better! For Day Trips: each trip will have a minimum number of participants (usually 30) needed for the trip to be a “GO” three weeks prior to date of trip. This is the last day to cancel the bus reservation, if we don't have enough registrations before that date. Some ticketed events will have earlier cut-off dates for registering, since we have to pay for tickets in advance. We will cancel trips with insufficient registrations, possibly even before the deadline. When trip is determined a "GO" we will continue to accept additional registrations until the bus is full whenever possible. For Overnight Travel: each trip will have specifics in the trip description with much earlier deadlines than for Day Trips. Watch the trip description page for specific trips for updates regarding pick-up times and trip status.
- Are the trips refundable? Within allowable time frames: payments made by check are 100% refundable, and payments made by credit/debit (beginning April, 2020) are 97% refundable. All trips are 100% refunded if we must cancel the trip. Ageless Adventures cannot give refunds for cancellations made within the last three weeks before a day trip or after the published deadline for any trip. You may transfer your registration to someone else with no penalty, except in the case tickets/reservations have been purchased specifically in your name. There are no refunds available due to weather conditions or circumstances outside our control. For example, Ageless Adventures is not liable for refunds in cases such as terrorism, natural disasters, or national emergencies, in which Ageless Adventures has no recourse to receive refunds for monies spent on a client's behalf. Cancellation guidelines and time frame will differ on overnight travel, with earlier cutoff dates. These are noted in the trip description or registration. Travel Insurance is offered for your peace of mind.
- Do you accept partial payments? Payment in full is required for day trips, unless otherwise indicated. Some of our overnight trips can be reserved with a deposit. Specifics are found on the Trip Description for each trip.
- Do you charge extra to pay by credit or debit card? We do not charge extra for our customers to pay by credit or debit card. This is a convenience we are glad to provide our customers, and we absorb the EFT fee. However, for trips purchased beginning April 2020, we will withhold 3% fee when we are asked to refund monies for payments that have been made with credit or debit. If you pay by check or bank transfer with Zelle® and later need to cancel within allowable time period, you will receive 100% refund.
- What if I have severe food allergies or I must bring my own food? Let us know if something like that is the case, and we will tell you what can be done for a particular trip.
- Where and when will bus pick up? Sun City Peachtree and Community Bible Church on Jodeco Road, Stockbridge are the usual pick up locations. Other pick up locations may be able to be arranged in advance, particularly for groups interested joining us on a multi-day trip. Approximate pick up times are listed on website and will be further specified once registrations are complete for the trip. Registrants will be clearly notified of exact details through our email messaging system, and we will make phone calls, if you do not use email. We also love to work with groups from other locations and schedule trips specifically for you from your desired pick-up point with sufficient number of registrants, depending on the specific trip.
- Will the group stay together on the trip? It depends on the destination. For a performance or eating in a restaurant, yes, we will pretty much stay together. However, there are many destinations where you are free to roam at your own pace with a specified time to meet again. Participants with Ageless Adventures will be given lanyards with name badges to wear around your neck with your name and other pertinent information tucked safely away inside. Our contact phone will be provided on the back of your badge, so we can be contacted and get to you in a jiffy, if needed.
- Are there extra costs not included? Many times the day trips are inclusive, and you do not need to bring money unless you want to buy something extra. If the trip is not inclusive, it will be indicated in the trip description and communications ahead of time. A festival or fairgrounds day would typically not include any food, and the trip description indicates that. Overnight trip descriptions outline exactly what is included. You never have to worry about tips for bus drivers or guides.
- Bus ride lengths vary. What will we do on the bus? These are nice buses with WIFI, DVDs and television screens, a microphone, restroom (!), and comfortable seating. Leader will give information as we travel about where we are going, what to expect, etc. Activity books and reading materials will be available, or you can visit with your neighbor or simply rest. Depending on the group and length of ride, sometimes we will offer group interactive games or competitions. Longer trips will often include some media entertainment.
- No dogs, cats, birds, or other animals will be transported. The only exception would be a service dog, trained for the purpose of accompanying a disabled person, if that person has contacted us in advance to determine if the trip is appropriate for their level of disability, will be permitted to travel with the disabled person.