March 19th, Tuesday Biblical History Center with Biblical Meal
Join Ageless Adventures as we venture into the ancient world...
Transportation, Fees, Meal, & Tips all included!
The Biblical History Center is not related to any particular denominational tradition, so the experience should be both meaningful and sensitive to people from many different backgrounds.
The Biblical History Center in LaGrange, GA is a living museum of life in the ancient world with special focus on daily life in ancient Israel. We will step back into Ancient Middle Eastern life — experience functional, large-scale archaeological replicas, enjoy a Biblical meal presentation, and take in many other interactive experiences that transport you to another time and place. Transform your understanding of history through hands-on exhibits and tours.
- Sit in an authentic goat-hair tent like the nomadic shepherds have lived in for thousands of years.
- See tombs like those in which Abraham and Jesus might have been buried.
- Explore a replicated village and city gate area to see what life was like 2000 years ago.
- In the Time Tunnel, you will learn about the worship practices of pagans, Jews, and Christians by exploring replicas of excavated houses of worship.
- The Archaeological Replica Garden houses 23 life-size replicas of structures found in excavation in Israel, Malta, and Jordan. Four areas of ancient life are represented in our Archaeological Replica Garden: Life of the Shepherd, Life of the Farmer, Life of the Village, and Roman Theater and Market Street.
- The Biblical Meal is a full four-course meal with food items that were available in the ancient world. We will learn about and experience ancient meal practices including Passover and the Last Supper.
- See an extensive collection of artifacts from the Israeli Antiquity Authority in the Biblical Life Artifacts Gallery.